What is Checkmate?
Checkmate™ is a Problem-Solving App that provides Employee Relations advice to Business Owners, Managers and HR Professionals
What is Employee Relations?
It is the interactions between the employer and the employees concerning: workplace conflicts, problem resolutions, and issues of misconduct, poor work performance, operational requirements and incapacity
How does Checkmate work?
The Checkmate™ App uses Artificial Intelligence to help you to determine what the problem is that you’re experiencing with an employee, and provides you with exact steps to take to ensure the best outcome for the company (as well as the employee)
How do you use Checkmate?
Simply click on the “Solve my Problem” link in the menu, and start to answer the multiple-choice questions
How does Checkmate benefit you?
Saves you time:
- No more waiting for a reply on an issue, or hours spent Googling and searching for bits of information on web forums
- Drastically reduce the chances of time-consuming referrals to the CCMA by
- ensuring procedural or substantive fairness
- gaining a reputation as an employer who “gets it right”
Saves you money:
- Expert Employee Relations advice at an extremely affordable rate compared to the alternatives
- Always follow Best Business Practices in your dealings with employees, and avoid costly payouts at the CCMA
- Consistently apply the appropriate corrective or preventative action to ensure productive, happy employees
- (For per-use option:) No monthly fee – only use the service when you need it
- (For enterprise package:) Store all your employee data and past transgressions with digitally signed warning documents online – no need to type, print, copy or file any documents
How much does it cost?
There are three pricing options: per-use fee, enterprise subscription, and pro subscription.
Per-use fee: you can complete online consultations at any time for a cost of R99 per consultation. This pricing option is designed to assist you if you are a small to medium-sized business owner, or an HR Professional, Manager or Supervisor at any company that falls under South Africa’s Labour Law legislation.
Enterprise package: designed for companies that wish to store their employee data and past transgressions online. The enterprise package includes unlimited transactions, as well as access to our customized templates that are automatically filled in with the employee’s data and their transgression (e.g. first written warning for latecoming). These templates can be digitally signed by the employee, and securely saved on the system, which allows the whole process to be paperless. Pricing for the enterprise package is R 1999 per month for companies with up to 100 employees. The only limitation on this package is that you can have up to 10 managers or admins assigned for every 100 employees. We offer a customization service which integrates your company-specific policies into the app – send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for queries on customized enterprise packages.
Pro package: This package features the same functionalities as the Enterprise package, and is designed for companies that wish to have no limitations to the number of managers that can be assigned per 100 employees. Pricing for the pro package is R 2699 per month for every 100 employees.